This is the view from the front door. I will be taking down the square candle holders & putting up letters that say "Welcome." Right now I decided to center the room around the hanging light {mostly so people won't bump their head} but I think it will work out good if I place the letters properly. I am going to do a mixture of plates that Berek has collected from around the world & solid ones wrapped around the back corner above the basket. The Sofa is new {it is so perfect for monthly photos! So excited!} The square tables are recycled from the family room. We put them away once Aniston started walking because
Close-up of the adorable buttons & bird
The left view from the front door. The bench is recycled from our kitchen table. It has two leaves that we rarely use so we store the bench out of the way when it isn't in use. It has been spending it's time in our entrance way from the garage. I knew it would be a perfect in my new room & a great way to create more seating. I am temporarily borrowing our pillows from our family room to get the idea because I am a visual person. I would like to order more pillows from Pottery Barn because I heart them but I can not see spending $130 on 3 more in a room I am not sure how often I will use? So in the meantime I will watch out for a sale
UPDATE: Yes I am still awake! I can't stop thinking of decorating & yes I am on Etsy!
I added this green blanket into the basket & I love the color it adds to the room. {Mom you might recognize this - it is your old comforter!}
Ok now back to the original post....
This is the right view from the front door. Just ignore the random black armed chair in the corner. I just got it from PB on clearance! I love it but I will be moving it into my craft room {which is the doorway it is halfway through.} I absolutely love the rectangles on the wall & I can't wait to enjoy all the cards, invitations, & pictures of our friends & family throughout the year. These have always been my favorite thing I have in our home & now we can truly appreciate them! {Yes my Christmas pictures are still hanging & will continue to hang for sometime because I cherish them!} The bookcase is something I got from Ballard Designs & didn't really have space for so it was shipped to our guest room. I am looking forward to enjoying this piece as well. I decided to store some of our games & cards on the bottom shelf so that we can hopefully use them more often! The grass vase has also floated around our house & was initially purchased for the niche in our condo.
So all in all the only new things are the love seat, birdie pillow, & eventually pillows on bench. I still need to purchase the "Welcome" letters & a few plates to go on the wall. Plus any steals on accessories I may find during my usual Home Goods trip. I will also need to purchase two barstools for the island since I had to return the ones we were using with the bar height dining table {Boo the only bad thing about returning the table!} But I found the set I want at Target for $65 each. Interestingly enough they are from the Carey collection. I will also get 5% off thank you Target debit card! But since they aren't really a necessity I am going to wait to see if they go on sale. All in all we will still end up pocketing a few hundred dollars from the swap.
I am very happy with the results considering it all took less then a hour to transform!
3 comments:
I am LOVING this sitting room, it looks amazing! So the cute couch with the buttons used to be a table?! How does that work?! (I want that couch, it's gorgeous) Oh and I love how you're displaying Christmas cards (and I spotted mine, too-yay!) I can't wait to see more! Love, love, love your house!
I am LOVING this sitting room, it looks amazing! So the cute couch with the buttons used to be a table?! How does that work?! (I want that couch, it's gorgeous) Oh and I love how you're displaying Christmas cards (and I spotted mine, too-yay!) I can't wait to see more! Love, love, love your house!
Why am I coming up as anonymous?! LOL
Sarah Bernhardt
Post a Comment